Declaration of Faith
The Chattanooga Christian Assembly believes the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. We have adopted the following Declaration of Faith as its standard and official expression of its doctrine. We believe
• In one triune God; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
• That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary.
• That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead.
• That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
• That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that if we confess and repent He will cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
• That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
• Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
• In the baptism with the Holy Ghost.
• That God is a spirit and and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth
• In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
• In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
• Divine healing is provided for all.
• In the Lord’s Supper.
• In the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
• In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
• In Heaven for the righteous, and hell for the wicked.